ADVERTISEMENT

BLACK LIVES MATTER: Important distinction between the "phrase" and the organization

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
As a person, I am conservative on most issues.. I TRULY BELIEVE that anyone that refers themselves as Christians, like myself, should say "black lives matter".. I agree wholeheartedly.. I also believe ALL LIVES MATTER, in reality... I do believe in getting rid of systematic racism...I do not believe that any race is superior to another though cultures are different in different races. I am proud to be a white person with a heritage from Scandinavian countries as well as German with Jewish mixed in both sides of my family.. I think black Americans should be proud of their heritage, whether it be from Africa or anywhere else in the world, as their origins.. Same for any ethnic group, anywhere.

I am not apologetic for something I was not in charge of, in the past. My relatives did not ever have slaves, to my knowledge, and neither side of my family came to the US before 1870. I do, however, have a sympathetic feel for the American Indians as well as those from other races that were unjustly abused in this country and others.

I think the "ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM" is in the generalities that get brought up about different ethnic groups... In the Twin Cities, for instance, some people will have the attitude of " Hey, the Hmong people did not complain or try to 'suck the tit' of the government!! They figured out a way to live through hard work despite hearing ethnic slurs..They didn't protest or burn the place, down!! They picked themselves up and built productive businesses in the Twin Cities.. The American Indians have the real beef here because their land was stolen from them... Black people have moved to the Twin Cities from Chicago and other areas to take advantage of the generous welfare system of Minnesota"..... THAT IS WHERE THE RACISM ISSUE SHOULD FOCUS ON BECAUSE THOSE ARE PREVAILING ATTITUDES BY A LOT OF PEOPLE, 'looking from the outside in'.... I hate to say it, but that attitude of many is true whether you want to admit it or not...

The implications of the last paragraph are terrible... A TOTAL SLAM to the hard working black people that have made an HONEST LIVING for themselves and their families in the Twin Cities.. Establishing strong roots as respected citizens to each other and the rest of the country, including family, friends, cynics, and detractors..Those generalizing against the black community in a negative way are NOT RESPECTFUL in any way... Truthfully, there are a lot of groups from all ethnic backgrounds that have abused the welfare system in Minnesota, and elsewhere... That is a HORRIBLE THING to think of the black people in Minnesota, or anywhere else for that matter.

What does upset me, to an extent, is the sympathetic attitude towards the "BLACK LIVES MATTER" organization, which I believe uses black and white Americans, alike, to further a political and social agenda that is Anti-American. BLM FOUNDERS AND LEADERS Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, and Opal Tometi have BEEN SHOWN IN INTERVIEWS to admit that they are "trained Marxists".. Their complete political agenda is NOT WRITTEN on the BLM website but it is recorded in interviews that I believe you can find on YouTube... I really believe the U.S. needs to STRONGLY CONSIDER the ramifications of this group, BLACK LIVES MATTER, because I think they are using impressionable young black and white Americans to become desensitized to Marxist Communism and to further a political agenda that does not translate into why this country exists.

These other issues that are being pointed out by BLM were true during the 8 years of the Obama administration.. Where were the protestors against the President then?? True in the Bush administrations. Also during Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy administrations and before.. There is a political agenda in the BLM, make no mistake..

I am a huge fan of using the vote and of changing laws as is needed, for a society... But there needs to be a foundational knowledge and a common set of values that provide the lens to decide what laws need to be passed and enacted.. That is as much at stake here as the attitudes it is creating.

I DO NOT LIKE CONSPIRACY THEORIES.. There are people, on the right, that believe a lot of what I believe that throw out conspiracy theories, all over the place.. I do not think that is wise but it is entertaining to read....LISTEN TO THE BLM FOUNDERS' WORDS AND WATCH THEIR ACTIONS, not my analysis on a message board on TGR.. I think you will find that there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between the phrase and the organization of "BLACK LIVES MATTER".

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News