ADVERTISEMENT

GOPHER HOOPS: I am wondering how playing time will play out in the front court

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
NEVER GET ME WRONG!! I NEVER like to see anyone injured on any team, let alone the team I cheer for and support. Isaiah Ihnen and Parker Fox are out for the season and that is horrible for those young men. I hope nothing but the best for their recovery.. But in some ways, that could be a blessing in disguise for the younger players this year.

I think the Kadyn Betts kid is going to be special.. He wont be able to crack the starting lineup, this year, unless there is injury or some incident. I think the starters in the front court will be Pharrell Payne at center, Dawson Garcia at power forward and Jameson Battle at small forward with Betts being the first off the bench at either forward spot. Olu Joseph might get some PT as well. Thompson will back up at the 5. The younger players will have to see playing time. They may not have gotten the same playing time with Ihnen and Fox playing more.

If Battle or Garcia leave early, Betts will be able to slide into the starting spot the next year with Ihnen and/or Fox off the bench. With Nolan Winter on the brink of a decision, that will add depth and who knows if a scholarship or 2 will open up for Dennis Evans or Taison Chatman, if they want to be Gophers. But the front court could get crowded, in a hurry, if Winter commits and Fox/Ihnen come back next year. Lots of talent that will be interesting to see how it plays out in the front court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News