ADVERTISEMENT

Guys, can you get a 2 bedroom apartment in the Twin Cities under $1000 a month??

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I have a friend whose son took a job in the Twin Cities.. I wish I would have gotten the name of the company he is going to work so that I can recommend a location to live. I am guessing real estate to rent is going crazy up there. So I am thinking you probably cant get much for $1000 a month in a 2 bedroom apartment unless it is in a rougher area

It has been awhile since I have been in the Twin Cities and cant recommend like I used to.. I know if you go west/southwest metro of Minneapolis towards Lake Minnetonka, Wayzata, Eden Prairie, Edina, etc, you are going to pay through the nose. Since this guy is just starting out with a newlywed wife, he would not mind a 2 bedroom starter apartment...Most all of my relatives in the Twin Cities are homeowners, so I dont know how much they pay attention to the rent market in the Cities..

I am thinking that for cheaper prices, they may want to go towards Roseville or Falcon Heights in St Paul.. Or maybe White Bear Lake is far enough out for cheaper prices if he works in St Paul.... Columbia Heights, Arden Hills, Brooklyn Center to the north??.. I heard that St Louis Park towards Minneapolis is where a lot of young people live but again, I don't know where he is going to work(Minneapolis or St Paul) so I am looking for suggestions. What is your thoughts??

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News