ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Hoops: What are we hearing about the Omot kid from Mankato??

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I hear the BJ Omot kid is a heck of a wing.. I think he is a 2022 kid but I am not sure.. I heard he is a 6-5, 6-6 wing that is a pretty versatile player and strong fundamentally... Has anyone seen him play and what are your thoughts?? I an 600 miles away and I get people that have mentioned him so either my family and friends in Minnesota are fooled by this kid or he has the potential to be the real deal.

I have heard about some other kids that have not been mentioned much here but mentioned by friends and from family in Minnesota. I heard the Omot kid may have grown a few inches and if that is the case, I think we need to keep an eye on him.. I heard his parents are from Sudan.

Mind you, I dont see these nationally rated kids play as much as I used to, so I cant evaluate them.. But the words sent to me (I will use VIFAN instead of my name but they dont say VIFAN). They will say "VIFAN, you like long guys that are athletic and versatile. We think you might like Watson Saulsberry at the 3 better than higher ranked prospects(I am assuming he means Prince Aligbe) and Heide as a 2 guard.. Jefferson plays with a lot of flair And BJ Omot is very underrated as a wing. Knowing you, Vifan, you would seriously consider him if you were recruiting at the college level."

Piqued my interest so I would like some of you that have seen these guys play to tell me what you think!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Unlimited424
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News