ADVERTISEMENT

Small Town Politics

bradt42

Jan 17, 2005
Dubwa's Porch
Small town politics has kept me highly entertained for the last week and kind of disturbed at the same time. The Kanabec County sheriff is retiring and thus there will be a new sheriff in town. The Chief Deputy is running, he's very qualified and a super nice guy. In the primary he got 84% of the vote. The guy running against him has turned to dirty pool in an effort to try to win. Last week he sent out a mailing and plastered cars with information about the other guys wrong doings. He evidently went to several law enforcement agencies and asked a "hypothetical" question without naming names and then took bits and pieces of the answers and inserted names into them. There has now been a string of press releases saying we were misquoted and never given full info, were never given the names we are quoted as saying and in one case they said they figured out what he was doing and when he asked if he could quote him he was told directly no. Now that candidate has been posting a string of videos on YouTube and facebook revealing the truth and proof of who's really lying. The videos consist of him sitting at his kitchen table poorly reading statements saying they're lying I'm not. It's kept me entertained for a few days but I'm also disturbed that in the days of social media you can pretty much just make shit up and say what ever you want.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News