ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling: Verkleeren Visiting 2nd week of April

Unlimited424

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2013
Richmond, VA
I've been diligently reading the wrestling boards lately and saw some interesting news about former ISU commit 2017 #15 ranked Jarod Verkleeren (Hempfield Area, PA, #1 at 145#s). Verkleeren will be visiting MN the 2nd weekend in April. The next open period for signing starts Weds. April 12th, a couple days before his visit here...so he could sign while he was visiting!! One knowledgeable poster actually had dinner with Verkleeren's parents lately, so his sense of what's going on should be about as good as we can get!!

Here is the quote I saw:

"Jared and his parents are taking their time on this decision. They are going to come for a visit the 2nd week of April. To answer PoorWrestler, the next open period for signing is April 12th. But signing remains open until August. Just had dinner with them at the Pittsburgh Classic. I feel pretty confident that they will come to the U, but I can't say 100%. I really would like him and his family. They are a good people and a good fit. Patience is the word of the day."

Having said this, JV tweeted yesterday that he had already made his college decision:

Although JV has 7 schools on his final list, other posters have said that his decision is really down to MN, PSU, NC State, or staying at ISU. Some posters also said that Verkleeren's brother tweeted yesterday that JV was going to PSU. Considering that yesterday was April Fool's Day, and that JV also tweeted:

We probably can't take his brother's tweet too seriously, here's JV's latest tweet today:

With the loss of Fredy Stroker, we still have a hole in our line-up at 149, so we could really use this commit!!

C'mon JV, it's time to join up with the Gophers!!
Gopher Wrestling is On The Rise!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News