ADVERTISEMENT

19 days

foggieguy

Sep 14, 2006
Hope SPRINGs Eternal.

Spring camp under three weeks away.

You always look for help in some of the new guys. Interesting this year because of such a big group of Red Shirt Frosh.

Nice group of 17 red-shirt frosh I'm eager to see compete.

10 on offense:

Dovich and Connelly have been mentioned by Claeys as guys he thinks can help.
New coach will take hard look at Oseland and Stieber.
New coach means new opportunity plus he has to replace Lauer, Christenson, Bjorklund, Campion, Bush, Hayes, Bobek, maybe A. Mayes. That is 7 or 8 bodies gone from that unit.

Femi-Cole and Johannesson. No McCrary in camp helps their getting reps. Berkley gone and Roderick gone also gives them opportunity. Miles Thomas, Tyler Hartmann gone. Knowing what they have in Brooks and Smith and probably limiting them also helps these two for extra reps.

Beebe (almost lost his redshirt last season) and Witham. No fullbacks on roster. Plsek not returning. Anyanwu not returning?

Register and Mayer. Good reports on both. Mayer a walk-on from Cali we were able to get because of legacy New offensive coordinator means fresh looks for all. Leidner won't be in camp, so some of these guys might get better looks from a QB who has no established comfort-zone targets.

6 on defense:

DeLattiboudere gets some good reports. They need help at DE with Keith, Cockran gone. Mose Hall I hear nothing on.

Jaylen Waters at linebacker is one I'm eager to see. Claeys compares skill-set to Damien Wilson. I would think Lynn and Poock will be limited to keep them healthy. DeVondre gone.

Buford. Sawvel says his eyes go big when he watches Buford. BBC and Murray both gone. Team will be looking hard for young corners to step up.

Dior and Craighton. Antonio Johnson gone. Are Travis and Rogers healthy enough to go in Spring ball? If not, these guys will get a lot of good reps at safety.

Herbers on special teams I would think will be competing for the punting job. He came in from Battle Creek, MI as a walk-on. I think he had MAC scholarship opportunity.

I think a bunch of these will be in the two-deeps come September.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.