ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor Stevens

Jun 1, 2015
Here's a breakdown of everyone in the 2020 class that has been offered by Minnesota including quotes from many. With the 2019 class getting close to wrapped up, and the dead period ending September 1st the focus shifts more towards 2020. Let me know if you guys have any questions, comments, concerns, etc.

Quarterbacks:
Ken Seals: 6’3” 191 pounds Article
5.8 rated four-star, 10th ranked Pro-Style QB, 247th rated recruit in the country.
The Weatherford, Texas QB currently holds offers from Cincinnati, Florida Atlantic, Minnesota, Montana State, Nevada, NC State, UTEP, and Vanderbilt with reported interest from Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, and more. Seals only P5 offers, currently, are Minnesota and Vanderbilt. He has also visited TCU and Oklahoma State.

TGR Quote: “I’ve been in contact with Coach Patterson. He’s really just told me how great the culture is in Minnesota and that I would be a great fit for what they’re trying to accomplish. Seeing what they’re doing already this season, it looks like Coach Fleck is going to get it turned around.

Jalen Suggs: 6’4” 195 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 6th ranked Dual-Threat QB, 225th ranked recruit in the country.
The Minnehaha Academy dual-sport athlete is still mulling his options, and by his options, I mean what sport he is going to play. My guess and most people’s guess is basketball. However, he’s a very talented quarterback as well, and he has garnered offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Ohio State.

TGR Quote: (Jalen’s father): “Jalen has been talking to PJ for football and Coach Jeter for basketball.”

Mike Wright: 6’3” 170 pounds
5.6 rated three-star, 19th ranked Pro-Style QB, 51th ranked recruit in Georgia.
The College Park, Georgia QB holds offers from Arkansas, Cincinnati, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, Ole Miss, and more, as well as receiving interest from Georgia, UNC, Tennessee, and more.

Running Backs:

Michael Drennen II: 5’11” 170 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 14th ranked RB, 144th ranked recruit in the country.
The Dublin, Ohio back holds offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, and more as well as receiving interest from Auburn, Michigan State, and Wisconsin. Drennen told BuckeyeGrove.com’s Marc Givler that his Ohio State offer is huge for him, as well as Georgia, and Michigan. He is also looking to visit some schools out west.

TGR Quote: "Coach Rossi has contacted me, and he has started introducing me to the program.”

Darvon Hubbard: 5’11” 211 pounds - OHIO STATE COMMIT
5.6 rated three-star, 34th ranked running back, 8th ranked recruit in Arizona.
The Scottsdale, Arizona back committed to Ohio State in July of 2018 over offers from Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, LSU, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, and more. Hubbard is originally from Ohio, as well, so I don’t see a very good chance that he flips at any point. I also expect a bump in his rankings to four-star status at some point.

Myles Bailey: 6’0 180 Pounds
5.6 rated three-star, 20th ranked recruit in New Jersey
The North Brunswick, New Jersey back holds offers from Boston College, Minnesota, Syracuse, and has interest from ECU, and Rutgers. Myles tells TGR that he is yet to hear from Minnesota.

A.J. Henning: 5’10” 170 Pounds
5.9 rated four-star, 3rd ranked All-Purpose Back, 72nd ranked recruit in the country.
The Frankfurt, Illinois running back holds offers from Iowa, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, Wisconsin and more. Henning told Rivals and EdgyTim.com that he was planning on visiting Notre Dame for their game against Michigan, and then possibly Ohio State and Penn State. No other visits are set, but none are ruled out either.

Keyvone Lee: 6’1” 195 pounds FLORIDA COMMIT
5.8 rated four-star, 20th ranked running back, 191st ranked recruit in the country.
The Clearwater, Florida running back has offers from Florida, Indiana, Iowa State, Louisville, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Rutgers, West Virginia and more. Lee is supposedly pretty locked into his commitment to Florida. Rivals Rob Cassidy spoke with him, and other schools that seem to be in the mix are Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, and Oregon.

Wide Receivers:
Abdur-Rahmaan Yaseen: 6’2” 180 Pounds
5.7 rated three-star, 46th ranked wide receiver, 8th ranked recruit in Michigan
The Walled Lake, Michigan wideout holds offers from Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue, and more.

Xavier Watts: 6’1” 180 pounds
5.6 rated three-star
The Omaha, Nebraska wideout holds offers from Iowa State, Minnesota, Purdue, and Iowa State while receiving interest from Nebraska among others.

TGR Quote: “Coach Fleck and Coach Simon have both reached out so far, and have started to introduce me to Minnesota.”

Jonathan Mann: 6’4” 190 Pounds Minnesota COMMIT
5.6 rated three-star, 4th ranked recruit in Minnesota
The Rosemount, Minnesota wideout holds offers from Arkansas, Minnesota, Iowa, and Iowa State. Mann committed back in April, and he spoke to TGR about Minnesota being his dream offer.

TGR Quote: “Coach Fleck, Simon, and Schaekel have reached out to me so far. They mostly just ask about my game and if I planned on coming to their games, which I do.”

Jacobi Bellazin: 5’10” 175 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 41st ranked wide receiver, 238th ranked recruit in the country
The Livonia, Louisiana holds a few dozen scholarship offers, including one from Minnesota. Back in June, he told Rivals Arkansas affiliate, HawgBeat.com, that he really likes Arkansas, Ohio State, and TCU. It’s still early in his recruitment, but his top list of schools right now includes Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, TCU and Tennessee. He was formerly committed to TCU.

Jaxon Smith-Njigba: 6’1” 185 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 35th ranked wide receiver, 194th ranked recruit in the country
The Rockwall, Texas wideout holds offers from Arizona State, Cal, Colorado, Iowa State, Minnesota, Nebraska, TCU, and more. Smith-Njigba is good friends and high school teammates with current 2019 Gopher commit Jacob Clark. Notre Dame is a school that he doesn’t have an offer from as of now, but is very interested in and will visit again this fall. He was in Minnesota for their HYPPR Hangout and had this to say about the visit: “It was fun. I had a great time talking to the coaches and getting to see one of the best facilities in the nation. It was an awesome experience.”

TGR Quote: “Minnesota has reached out to me a couple times. They’ve been talking to me about the program and are trying to get me to come by this fall. I’m still deciding on that right now.”

Rashawn Williams: 6’0” 178 pounds
6.0 rated four-star, 4th ranked wide receiver, 26th ranked recruit in the country
The Detroit, Michigan wideout holds offers from Iowa State, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, and more. Williams is at Martin Luther King high school and was teammates with now Gopher receiver Erik Gibson, who has been talking to him about the possibility of following him to Minnesota.

TGR Quote: “They have followed me on Twitter but no contact yet.”

Jordan Johnson: 6’2” 190 pounds
5.9 rated four-star, 8th ranked wide receiver, 42nd ranked recruit in the country
The St. Louis, Missouri wideout holds offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and more. Johnson has already visited Florida, and is planning on visiting Alabama, Arkansas, and Ohio State for potential game visits this fall.

Jadon Thompson: 6’2” 160 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 25th ranked wide receiver, 133rd ranked recruit in the country
The Chicago, Illinois wideout holds offers from Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, Purdue, and more. He is former high school teammates with current Gopher Elijah Teague. He is planning gameday visits to Missouri, and Notre Dame this upcoming fall. In an interview with Rivals.com’s Josh Helmholdt, Thompson mentioned Minnesota as one of the schools working the hardest in his recruitment.

Zavier Betts: 6’3” 190 pounds
5.9 rated four-star, 10th ranked wide receiver, 58th ranked recruit in the country
The Bellevue, Nebraska wideout holds offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Purdue. He has been to Nebraska twice this summer, as well as a camp at Auburn. He said he’s looking to visit both Iowa schools, but has nothing else planned as of yet.

TGR Quote: “I’ve been in contact with PJ Fleck. He sent me a few things about what they do before a game, then he sent me a text about the team GPA.”

Tight End:

Darnell Washington: 6’7” 255 pounds
5.9 rated four-star, 1st ranked tight end, 52nd ranked recruit in the country
The Las Vegas, Nevada tight end holds offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, and more. This summer, Washington has visited Tennessee, Clemson, Alabama, Auburn, Arizona State, UCLA, and USC.

Michael Mayer: 6’5” 215 pounds NOTRE DAME COMMIT
5.8 rated four-star, 6th ranked tight end, 203 ranked recruit in the country
The Alexandria, Kentucky tight end holds offers from over twenty schools, and committed to Notre Dame back in July. Mayer said Notre Dame was where he wanted to be once he visited the school for the second time in June.

Offensive Line:
Paris Johnson Jr.: 6’7” 270 pounds OHIO STATE COMMIT
6.0 rated four-star, 2nd ranked offensive tackle, 18th ranked recruit in the country
The Cincinnati, Ohio tackle holds over 40 offers from DI schools, including just about every helmet school that you can think of. Johnson Committed to OSU on June 28th, and given that it is his in-state school I would doubt there are any twists and turns in his recruitment.

Trey Wedig: 6’7” 290 pounds
5.9 rated four-star, 10th ranked offensive tackle, 85th ranked recruit in the country
The Wales, Wisconsin native currently holds offers from Iowa State, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Syracuse, USC, and Wisconsin as well as receiving interest from Iowa. Notre Dame is a school that is planning on recruiting him very actively, and Iowa State is hoping to push him for a visit as well.

Justin Rodgers: 6’3” 314 pounds
6.1 rated five-star, 1st ranked offensive guard, 15th ranked recruit in the country
The Oak Park, Michigan guard holds offers from a couple dozen schools including, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Iowa, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Texas, USC, and more. Rodgers will be visiting Notre Dame for their opener against Michigan, although he does not hold an offer just yet. Rodgers tells TGR Minnesota has reached out to him along with a dozen other schools.

Dallas Fincher: 6’2” 275 pounds
5.6 rated three-star, 20th ranked offensive guard, 14th ranked recruit in Michigan
The Kentwood, Michigan guard holds offers from Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin, and has interest from Notre Dame and Penn State. Fincher has told Rivals that he has huge interest in Michigan, very strong connections with Michigan State, and has a teammate that is a 2019 Wisconsin commit.

TGR Quote: “I’ve been talking to Coach Fleck actually, and the biggest thing he talked about is the culture at Minnesota.”

Defensive Line:

Cole Brevard: 6’4” 280 pounds
5.9 rated four-star, 7th ranked defensive tackle, 104th ranked recruit in the country
The Carmel, Indiana defensive tackle holds offers from Indiana, Iowa, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and more. Brevard is among recruits visiting Notre Dame for their opener against Michigan as well. 2019 Indiana commit Beau Robbins is his teammate and a good friend. Brevard tells TGR that Minnesota is yet to reach out.

Denver Warren: 6’3” 300 pounds MICHIGAN COMMIT
5.8 rated four-star, 13th ranked defensive tackle, 214th ranked recruit in the country
The Aurora, Illinois defensive tackle committed to Michigan on July 2nd over offers from Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Penn State, and more. Warren has time to go in his recruitment, but gauging interviews from Rivals.com, it seems like Michigan will be his only commitment as long as all remains the same within the program.

Jordan Butler: 6’4” 300 pounds
5.5 rated three-star, 3rd ranked defensive tackle in Michigan
The IMG Academy defensive tackle holds offers from Arizona, Kansas, Minnesota, Notre Dame, USC, and Vanderbilt while receiving interest from Boise State, Nebraska, UCLA, and more. Butler is on record with Rivals.com saying he hopes to visit Notre Dame, but no visits, to any schools, are currently set in stone.

TGR Quote: “Coach Fleck has been texting me every day. He's been telling me all about the academic success, the Minnesota area as a whole, and what the atmosphere has been like on gameday."

Jermaine Trammell: 6’0” 280 pounds
5.2 rated two-star
The Detroit, Michigan defensive tackle holds offers from Minnesota, Northern Arizona, Siena Heights, Syracuse, and Western Kentucky.

Darrion Henry: 6’5” 265 pounds
6.0 rated four-star, 3rd ranked strongside defensive end, 37th ranked recruit in the country
The Cincinnati, Ohio defensive end holds offers from Clemson, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and more. Henry will also be visiting Notre Dame for their opener against Michigan but doesn’t have any other visits set.

Kevon Billingsley: 6’5” 260 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 8th ranked strongside defensive end, 140th ranked recruit in the country
The St. Louis, Missouri defensive ends holds offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Purdue, Wisconsin, and more. Billingsley goes to Lutheran North high school and is teammates with 2019 Gopher defensive end commit D’vion Harris.

Rylie Mills: 6’5” 265 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 10th ranked strongside defensive end, 152nd ranked recruit in the country
The Lake Forest, Illinois defensive end holds offers from Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Penn State, Wisconsin, and more. Mills is visiting Notre Dame for their opener against Michigan, and that will be his second visit to ND.

Logan Jones: 6’3” 252 pounds
5.6 rated three-star strongside defensive end
The Council Bluffs, Iowa defensive end holds offers from Iowa, Iowa State, and Minnesota as well as receiving interest from Nebraska and Notre Dame. Jones has a growing relationship with Iowa and has already visited Iowa State once, and is looking to return for another visit.

TGR Quote: “Minnesota has reached out about every day since the first (of September). It’s been Coach Fleck, and he’s been talking about how academically they have a really good team GPA and how they are as a team.

Aaron Witt: 6’5” 230 pounds Article
5.6 rated three-star, 24th ranked strongside defensive end in the country
The Winona, Minnesota defensive end holds offers from Iowa, Iowa State, and Minnesota. Witt was at Minnesota’s HYPRR Hangout back in July. He spoke to TGR about the visit: “The highlights were probably getting to wear the new jerseys and getting to meet and talk to all the coaches. I’m blessed to have an offer from the home state. It means a lot.”

TGR Quote: “Coach Fleck, Simon, and Schaekel have reached out to me. They have been saying the program is on the come up.”

Bryce Mostella: 6’6” 230 pounds
5.6 rated three-star, 22nd ranked strongside defensive end, 17th ranked player in Michigan
The Kentwood, Michigan defensive end holds offers from Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, and more as well as garnering interest from Michigan State, Notre Dame, and Wisconsin. Mostella has visited, and enjoyed visits to, Iowa, Northwestern, Ohio State, and Wisconsin.

Gabriel Lopez: 6’3” 220 pounds
Unrated weakside defensive end
The Las Vegas, Nevada defensive end holds one offer, and that is from Minnesota. He plays for Desert Pines, home to current Gopher walk-on safety Jordan Howden, and current 2019 Gopher running back commit Cameron Wiley. Lopez also has interest from BYU.

TGR Quote: “Minnesota has contacted me. Coach Fleck has been my main contact and we’ve been talking about the culture of the program.”

Linebacker:

Kaden Johnson: 6’4” 205 pounds Article
5.9 rated four-star, 8th ranked outside linebacker, 110th ranked recruit in the country
The Minnehaha Academy linebacker holds offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wisconsin as well as receiving interest from Notre Dame, Ohio State, and USC. Johnson spoke with TGR about his offer, and interest in his home state Gophers back in July. Kaden’s father went to Minnesota and he grew up rooting for the Gophers. He listed Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin as the schools talking to him the most.

TGR Quote: “Minnesota has reached out to me a good amount over the past couple days. Coach Fleck and Coach Simon have been telling me they’re an upcoming program this season and that they’re looking forward to my season, and their season. I have no visit plans as of yet, but I’m hoping to get to the game this Saturday.”

Jaheim Thomas: 6’5” 218 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 11th ranked outside linebacker, 151st ranked recruit in the country
The Cincinnati, Ohio linebacker holds offers from Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin, and more as well as receiving interest from Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and more. Thomas is building his relationship with Ohio State, and is hoping to visit Notre Dame at some point. Thomas tells TGR that Minnesota has reached out and talked to him.

Jaylen Harrell: 6’4” 235 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 14th ranked outside linebacker, 172nd ranked recruit in the country
The Tampa, Florida linebacker holds offers from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, South Carolina, and more.

Bryson Eason: 6’2” 230 pounds
6.0 rated four-star, 2nd ranked inside linebacker, 31st ranked recruit in the country
The Memphis, Tennessee linebacker holds offers from Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, and more. Eason has visited, and will return to Vanderbilt this fall, and he would also like to go see Alabama and Oklahoma. Eason tells TGR that Minnesota has reached out and talked to him.

Jayion McCluster: 6’2” 200 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 7th ranked outside linebacker, 209th ranked recruit in the country
The Largo, Florida linebacker holds offers from Florida, Florida State, Iowa, Miami, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oregon, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, and more. McCluster is current high school teammates with current 2019 Gopher commit Solomon Brown.

Cornell Wheeler: 6’0” 229 pounds
5.7 rated three-star, 9th ranked inside linebacker, 7th ranked recruit in Michigan
The West Bloomfield, Michigan linebacker holds offers from Indiana, Iowa State, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Syracuse. Wheeler has started off making good relationship with the coaching staffs from Iowa State, and his home state school Michigan.

Isaiah Ratcliff: 6’0” 200 pounds
5.7 rated three-star, 10th rated inside linebacker, 31st ranked recruit in Georgia
The Ellenwood, Georgia linebacker holds offers from Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and more. Ratcliff also visited Auburn at the end of August.

Defensive Back:

Enzo Jennings: 6’2” 178 pounds
5.9 rated four-star, 4th ranked cornerback, 53rd ranked recruit in the country
The Oak Park, Michigan cornerback holds offers from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, and more. Jennings recently said he would love to be coached by Urban Meyer, and will be at Notre Dame’s opener against Michigan.

Makari Paige: 6’3” 185 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 12th ranked safety, 201st ranked recruit in the country
The West Bloomfield, Michigan safety holds offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio State, Penn State, and more. Paige has visited Notre Dame, and Penn State thus far.

TGR Quotes: “The recruiting coordinator contacted me, they invited me to their games.”

Craig McDonald ***: Offer Article

Athletes:

Cartavious Bigsby: 6’1 195 pounds
6.0 rated four-star, 3rd ranked athlete, 42nd ranked player in the country
The Hoganville, Georgia athlete holds offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, and more. Bigsby is high on Miami and Penn State early, so it doesn’t seem like being close to home is a necessity.

Teriyon “Mookie” Cooper: 5’10” 182 pounds
5.9 rated four-star, 9th ranked athlete, 93rd ranked recruit in the country
The St. Louis, Missouri athlete holds offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Illinois, Illinois, Iowa State, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Penn State, Texas, Wisconsin, and more. Cooper has visited Illinois for Junior Day, and is a priority for his home state school Missouri.

Terry Lockett: 6’0” 170 pounds
5.8 rated four-star, 14th ranked athlete, 137th ranked player in the country
The Minnehaha Academy athlete holds offers from Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska. Lockett has a good initial relationship with Coach Fleck and Coach Simon at Minnesota. He has said that he would like to visit Iowa as well.

James Frenchie: 5’9” 175 pounds
5.7 rated three-star, 30th ranked athlete, 5th ranked recruit in Missouri.
The St. Louis, Missouri athlete holds offers from Illinois, Iowa State, Louisville, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Syracuse, and more. Frenchie and his relationship with homestate school Missouri is off to a great start, and they seem like the school to beat early on.

Mike Robertson: 6’0” 175 pounds
5.7 rated three-star, 39th ranked athlete, 44th ranked player in Georgia
The Savannah, Georgia athlete holds offers from Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Tennessee, and more. He received his first offer from Georgia in eighth grade, and his recruitment has blown up since.

Dominick Hill: 6’1” 170 pounds
5.7 rated three-star, 34th ranked athlete in the country
The Orlando, Florida athlete holds offers from Auburn, Baylor, Florida, Minnesota, Missouri, South Carolina, South Florida, and Virginia Tech.

TGR Quote: “Minnesota reached out to me on Twitter. They wanted to invite me to their game and they sent me a picture with information.”

Donnovan Moorer: 5’8” 155 pounds
Unrated athlete
The Stone Mountain, Georgia athlete holds offers from Florida State, Illinois, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Minnesota, Rutgers and more. Moorer was committed to Oregon, but decommitted when Willie Taggart left for Florida State. Moorer is looking to visit Florida State and Oregon, as well as other schools that he has yet to decide on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News