ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting ***2025 QB SCOTTY FOX TALKS VISIT AND OFFER***

Sean_Williams

Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Among the talented group of visitors on Saturday was rising 2025 quarterback Scotty Fox out of Mentor (Oh.). Gophers' co-offensive coordinator/quarterback coach Greg Harbaugh has been interested in the 6-foot-2, 195-pound signal-caller for a while and didn't hesitate to extend an offer while he was on campus over the weekend.

"Me and Coach Harbaugh talked on the phone a few weeks before (my visit) and kept in contact since, along with the staff too," Fox noted. "I like him a lot. He does a great job of explaining things and talking ball."

Fox got an in-depth look at Minnesota during his visit and came away extremely impressed with everything he saw.

"What stood out to me while I was on campus was the entire city. The campus was amazing. The coaches and staff were so genuine and nice. The football facilities were unbelievable."

During his sophomore campaign, Fox put up stellar numbers. Throwing for 3,134 yards and 30 touchdowns with a 60% completion percentage. For Harbaugh, Fox's film showed he is more than capable of being a successful quarterback in the Big Ten.

"He said he likes my film a lot and that my skill set fits the program, that's why he offered."

Minnesota is the first power five offer for Fox, who also possesses MAC offers from Miami (Oh.), Akron, Toledo, Bowling Green.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News