ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting 3-star Georgia DE says he will visit next weekend

RivalsWoody

Jul 11, 2012
I was out a game earlier this month and got a chance to watch 3-star Lawrenceville (Ga.) Archer DE Jalen Mayala. Listed at 6-foot-6 and 218 pounds, Mayala immediately stands out on the field. During the game he played a bit of hybrid linebacker and they moved him around a lot. I was really impressed with his speed in pursuit and there were a few occasions where he ran guys down 15-20 yards down the field.

Mayala has kept a low profile on the recruiting trail for the last six months or so, with the last story on his profile being one from Matt and Connor on his interest in the Gophers.

When I asked him where things stood with his recruitment, he let me know that he has cut his list to eight schools (or maybe nine since Indiana offered him earlier this week) and that Minnesota made the cut. He will also be making a trip to campus next weekend for an unofficial visit.

I'm not sure where he stands on Minnesota's board, but I like him as a guy who could develop into a pretty good player at the next level just based on his physical gifts alone.

Here are the other schools in the mix for his services:

Here are the highlights from his first three games of the year:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News