ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching or Leading, what's answer?

mohawkcardinal

Oct 13, 2008
What is more important coaching or leading? I played baseball into the minors; I had great coaches and great leaders: rarely do you find someone who is outstanding at both. College football is more than just X's & O's. I don't need to say all the things that a head coach needs to do and commit to.

My view (which I control) is that TC is a phenomenal coach, he can X/O with the best of them. He speaks and I lose attention in 5 seconds, that's my concern. My position is that we needed someone that was going to take our program to the next level as a university. We've committed to facilities that should put us in line with Wisconsin & Iowa. I look at what Texas did in hiring Herman and say, he's going to elevate that program because he's got that "it". If Fleck truly wanted this role, I'm disappointed; we need someone that's going to jump start our fan base.

8-4 is pretty good, but it shouldn't be good enough! I'm sorry, this attitude of mediocrity is what drives me nuts about the football program. Was Brewster a fail yes, but we also didn't have leadership at the wheel (Maturi) that had a clue. We finished 8-4 this year and beat NO ONE!!! If you say Northwestern, they were terrible this year; this was a down year for them and we're thumping our chests because of the win.

Look I know I'm gonna get ripped because I don't have intimate knowledge of what goes on with the team. What I will say is I hope that TC takes us to the next level of the Big10, but if we're garbage next year, then what?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News