ADVERTISEMENT

Commit Film Review: Casey Collier

Alex Carlson

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2016
Minneapolis, MN
Strengths: frame, potential, effort

Weaknesses: power, “pop” at the point of attack

Casey Collier is a 6’7”, 295-pound offensive tackle from Barbers Hill High School in Baytown, TX. He committed to Minnesota over offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana-Monroe, and Memphis among others.

In my opinion, this is a long-term approach for the Gophers. Collier possess ideal Division I left tackle size at 6’7” and already around 300-pounds as a junior. He looks to have good feet and long arms for the position. A limited amount of pass protection reps on film makes me wonder how much is left to be desired there.

Once he gets going and gets his body on the defender, Casey does often finish defenders into the dirt five or more yards away from where he started. At this point in his career, he does lack the explosive strength to have ideal “pop” at the point of attack that is expected out of Division I lineman.

With Fa’alele, Guedet and whomever else the Gophers bring in in recruiting they must feel comfortable with Casey as a development project. Low-risk, high reward option for the Gophers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News