ADVERTISEMENT

Dredrick Snelson tweet

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
Snelson released a top five yesterday.

Minnesota -- The Gophers still want him and have spent the most time recruiting him. Anderson and Claeys are visiting him on Thursday. It's where he says he's currently committed.

Maryland -- I was told pretty matter of factly that he's not going to Maryland. Remember that's where the twins are.

Penn State -- He's visiting Penn State this weekend. They're far and away the team that's been recruiting him for the least amount of time. They're also the most prestigious football program that he holds an offer to. Could I see him going to Penn State even though they've only been talking to him for two or three weeks? Eh, probably not.

Miami -- He doesn't hold a committable offer to Miami.

UCF -- He visited there last weekend on a two day unofficial visit, and took his official visit there the weekend before. During the season, he also took an unofficial visit there with the Daniels. The most recent visit was done without him telling the Gopher coaches.

So where does he end up? I have no idea. I don't think anyone does. Nothing will surprise me with Snelson, and they are still some academic issues to take care of. A couple weeks ago, I posted that I would be shocked if he came here, but with Maryland off the table and his Miami offer not being committable, I'm more confident than I once was. That being said, I still don't expect him to be a Gopher. We'll see.

Reactions: junit3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News