ADVERTISEMENT

Girls Volleyball: Gophers vs. Spartans preview

jjisbooyah

Jan 16, 2007
The Lady Gophers will be welcoming the Lady Spartans of Michigan State into the "Pav" for a 7:00 pm showdown. Your Lady Gophers are currently riding a 10 match winning streak with impressive wins over 5 Top 25 teams over that period. They stand alone atop the Big 10 conference with a 11-1 mark. Michigan State has underperformed this year and enter tonight with a respectable but disappointing 6-6 record. My prediction is a Lady Gophers commanding 3-1 victory over the Lady Spartans. Why? I thought you'd never ask!

The Tapp Twins, (Hannah and Paige) are by far the hottest set of twins going in Division 1 athletics right now. They are tall, they are hot, and they are skilled. Not to be outdone, Alyssa Goehner brings the "celebrity power" to this Golden Gopher team. She is the girlfriend of NCAA basketball champion Tyus Jones. Rumor has it, she was ready to jump ship, transfer to Wisconsin and date Sam Dekker if the Badgers would have won the National Championship, but decided to stay home, with the Gophers, when Tyus and Duke won and he was drafted by the home Timberwolves. Once again proving, Duke winning over Wisconsin helped Gopher athletics.

It would be a crime if the duo from Puerto Rico was not also mentioned. Daly Santana and Dalianliz Rosado have brought an international brand of exciting and tenacious volleyball to Dinktyown.

My final analysis is that the overall attractiveness of the Tapp Twins, Goehner, the Puerto Ricans, and the supporting cast of hotness from Wilhite, Schau, and Lohman, are just to much for the Lady Spartans to handle. However, do not sleep on the trio of Chloe Reinig, Rachel Minarick, and Holly Toliver. All three are extremely gorgeous and I would love to play a round of beach volleyball with them anytime.

Gophers win 3-1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.