ADVERTISEMENT

Gopher Volleyball

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I hope that wrestling maintains its excellence with the coaching change and we could see a renaissance of dominant winter sports at the U. But gotta give some support for the volleyball team.. The Big Ten is one of the elite conferences in this sport as 8 schools in the top 25 are from the Big Ten.. The girls are getting early season awards. Fell short against Stanford but apparently have been solid since that match. The team has beaten 4 of the top 16 teams in the nation so far this year with 2 of the programs in the top 10(North Carolina and San Diego).

We always seem to have that one roadblock in conference.. Normally, it has been Penn State.. This year, it is returning national champion Nebraska.....Nebraska is #1 in the nation followed by Texas.. We are #3 ranked. Wisconsin is not far behind us. Purdue, Michigan State, Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State are all really tough matches.. I know a few people make fun of supporting women's athletics but this is an elite national program at the U. Plus, our ladies are relatively 'easy on the eyes.' Would love to see a national championship for them.. Would add to the national championships of the wrestling team, both hockey teams, men's golf, a college world series, mens and womens Final Four.. All things accomplished by the Gophers in my lifetime... The U is still a great place for sports programs.. I know everyone basically thinks men's basketball and football, which I do as well, but this program has been top notch for a long time and should be celebrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News