ADVERTISEMENT

I am a gopher

Bestnick

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
So much talk about coaches and players and who needs to step up got me to think about the fans. Maybe its our turn to step up. I am a gopher and always will be. My dad brought me to games when I was a kid. I saw the Rickey Foggie fumble in the endzone and end up losing to Michigan, I saw the Hawkeyes take down the goalpost in the dome and other painful games. I have never once thought "I am done" or "get a new coach". I am a gopher fan and I will always be. Will I get mad and frustrated? Absolutely. Will I call out an individual players performance? Never. I am a gopher, and as a fan we need some loyalty. I believe in our coaches and the players. I believe that they work their asses off more than we will ever know and want success badly. As fans we need to do our part. Get behind the boys and show some frickin support. The athletes dont deserve most of the crap on here. Losers sit and bitch and complain. Winners go to work and get things done and improve. A lot of our fans are losers. Support your team through the good and bad. Constant bitching does nothing. On Saturday me and my boys will be watching the game and cheering our gophers on. We wont complain about a coach or talk about replacements. We will hope for a win and improvements. Its time we fans get behind our team instead of kick them when they are down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News