ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Minnesota recruiting notes (12/8)

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Feb 16, 2022
Good morning everyone, Happy Thursday…

Here’s your notes for today… more to hopefully come.

- Minnesota was active in offers yesterday, Florida S Donovan McMillon, Iowa DB Terry Roberts, Georgia State LB Jamil Muhummad, Kent State LT Marcellus Marshall, and Louisville DB Benjamin Perry.

As said yesterday, McMillon will be a tough pull. He’s going to have plenty of offers including Pittsburgh and West Virginia which I would probably have as the favorites right now.

Chances: Medium

Terry Roberts also picked up an offer from Penn State, the Nittany Lions if they push would also likely be the favorites but it’s unclear right now if they will.

Chances: Medium-High

Jamil Muhammad is headed to SoCal this weekend to visit USC, will be tough for anyone else if the Trojans want him in my opinion.

Chances: Low

Marcellus Marshall is interesting we’ll see what happens there. Think the Gophers could be in a solid spot in that one but Colorado also recently offered. Former Kent St head coach Sean Lewis was recently hired by Deion Sanders to be his offensive coordinator.

Chances: TBD

Benjamin Perry was at Illinois before being at Louisville and is now looking for a third school. He tweeted our an offer but now no longer has that tweet available, not any of his offer tweets available.

Chances: TBD

2023 Updates:

Texas WR Jaelen Smith will be on campus this week Jen for an official visit. He was at Michigan State last weekend, that visit went very well. I think the Gophers can put themselves in a very good spot going forward. That being said, I don’t expect a commitment anytime soon unless he gets completely blown away. He’ll sign somewhere in February.

WMU WR Corey Crooms will also be on campus. I would be a little surprised if we don’t see a commitment out of him in the near future as long as the official visit goes well.

WMU LB Ryan Selig will be on campus alongside Crooms. He’ll be at Iowa State on Friday and part of Saturday before arriving in Minneapolis. We’ll have a much better idea of his recruitment come Sunday night when TGR hopes to catch up with him.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Wisconsin transfer Markus Allen who decommitted it appears last night ends up back at Wisconsin. The hiring of Phil Longo makes the Badgers an interesting spot going forward, certainly not the type of offense we’ve seen the Badgers run, well, ever.

I continue to hear very good things about Phillip Daniels and the Gophers landing him when he makes a decision on December 21.

The Gophers are pushing hard to flip Vanderbilt WR Kenric Lanier but it’s our understanding that it will be a hard one to complete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News