ADVERTISEMENT

Monday coaches on the road

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
As I posted a few days ago, Claeys, Sherels, and maybe Poore are in Texas tonight to visit with Bryson Jackson, who is certainly on commit watch. He's said that he wants to make a decision soon, that Minnesota is definitely his leader, and that it's possible he pulls the trigger tonight. Jackson's the top high school linebacker target.

Jay Johnson is in New Mexico to meet with Jordan Ta'amu. This comes on the heals of him picking up Minnesota and Ole Miss offers. My prediction remains that he's a Gopher since Ole Miss has talent at QB already as well as a couple targets that they may want more.

Jay Sawvel was in Michigan to visit with recent Iowa State decommit Jordan Ulmer. Remember that Ulmer visited Missouri last weekend and may visit Minnesota this weekend. Missouri feels like they'll get him, but I think Minnesota may feel the same way and the Gophers I think have been recruiting him longer.

Bart Miller and Dan O'Brien visited Eric Abojei today, and Eric tells me they just talked about official visit details for this weekend. Miller will be in Texas Wednesday to talk to Jimmie Terry.

Brian Anderson was at Highland CC to see defensive end Brandon Berry, defensive back Antonio Cole (Hudl), and possibly Colorado State WR commit Demarre Kitt. Berry should be a familiar name, as he's probably the biggest JUCO defensive end target right now. Cole was at one time a defensive back for Utah State. It's my understanding that after high school, he went to Northeast Oklahoma A&M, a JUCO, then went to Utah State, and was at Highland CC this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News