ADVERTISEMENT

Much better FT shooting and great contribution from IW before leaving the game

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
This was such a better effort by the Gophers' team today against Rutgers.. Murphy made some adjustments in the 2nd half to play better... I knew that Coffey and McBrayer could take this game over.. This is the type of game that they succeed. Defense looked better at times.

Isaiah Washington's contribution cannot be overlooked. Yes, he got booted from the game in that little shoving/ballthrowing incident with Montez Mathis(who we recruited, BTW). But Isaiah has made good passes without turning the ball over.. Plus he played good defense today. Coffey, McBrayer, and Washington played with an ease in the 2nd half that I have wanted to see all year. Just relaxed and doing their thing.

Free throw shooting was so much better.. In a game that there is no real rhythm, that is really important. I was proud of our guys. Right now, we are not a real deep team but we are developing depth, slowly... Need Curry to get his conditioning up, which it will. So we will have Oturu, Murphy, Coffey, McBrayer, and Kalscheur with Washington, Curry playing roles and Stull, Stockman, and Hurt giving us spot minutes. I so wish we could have redshirted Omersa. We have a ways to go but we still have a long season to make some noise. Great game, Gophers!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News