ADVERTISEMENT

New Football/Football Recruiting Writer for GI

NickWilliamsGI

Feb 7, 2016
Afternoon GI readers and subscribers,

My name is Nick Williams and I will be joining the GI family to help bring you news and updates on everything Gopher football and recruiting.

A little about myself, I have worked as a professional sports journalist for 13 years at various news outlets across the country. For 8 1/2 years, I worked as a sports writer/multimedia journalist for the Tampa Tribune in Tampa, FL, one of the nation's largest newspapers, where I covered the Tampa Bay Rays, Buccaneers, Lightning, Uni. of Florida, Uni. of South Florida, Orlando Magic, college recruiting, high school sports, auto racing, boxing, summer Olympic sports and action sports. Last year I was a member of a team of writers to cover of the Stanley Cup Finals and the NCAA Women's Final Four. I also covered the 2009 Super Bowl in Tampa and the 2009 NBA Finals between Los Angeles and Orlando.

My work history has also included writing about the University of Florida and University of South Florida and I have written several stories and breaking news articles about some of the nation's top prospects that reside in Florida. Tampa Bay is a recruiting hotbed for football and on average, 50-75 athletes sign Division I NLI's each year, many of them All-Americans and high-prized recruits, so I am very familiar with the recruiting process.

I plan to add insightful and informative content to an already successful destination of Minnesota athletics and recruiting. I can be reached at nickwilliamssports@gmail.com or you can follow me on Twitter @NickWilliams_MN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.