ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Notes on today's official visitors

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
Another big and very talented group of mid-week official visitors. All have committable offers to Minnesota.

Noah Arinze: high three-star from the St. Louis area with 15 other Power 5 offers. Arinze took an official visit to Arizona State last week and has taken unofficial visits to Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa State, and Oklahoma. Minnesota did very well to get an official visit to Arinze -- he's a real talent with a committable offer from Oklahoma and others.

"I want to see the atmosphere of the program," he told The Gopher Report.

Tirek Austin-Cave: high three-star inside linebacker from New Jersey who took official visits to Miami and West Virginia earlier this month and will take officials to Nebraska and Kentucky at TBD times in the future. Miami and West Virginia are both confident they're the leaders, and Austin-Cave will be able to choose from many Power 5 schools who badly want him.

"Coach Rossi has been doing a great job recruiting me, and I feel like I just need to get to the University of Minnesota and see everything for myself with my family on an official visit."

Itayvion Brown: four-star athlete from St. Lutheran North with 11 other Power 5 offers. Brown is taking an official visit to Kansas this weekend. Brown is an elite athlete at 6'5", 225 pounds that could play many positions but is most likely an outside linebacker.

Abner Dubar: three-star athlete/safety from rural northwest Texas who has a top seven, in no order, of Minnesota, Baylor, Washington State, Colorado, Kansas, Texas Tech, and Nevada. Dubar took his second unofficial visit to Baylor last week, an official visit to Colorado this past weekend, and takes an official to Nevada this weekend.

Gage Keys: three-star DE from the Columbus area with a top three in no order of Minnesota, Cincinnati, and Indiana. He took an official visit to Cincinnati earlier this month.

"I’d say Minnesota is the closest to reaching that championship level because they are in an easier Big Ten (division) and have already started to put themselves closer the top the last few years under coach (PJ) Fleck."

"I decided to take an official visit to Minnesota because of the relationship I have with the coaches and because of how impressive my unofficial visit was. I consider them one of my top schools at this point."

Joe Moore: four-star St. Louis defensive end with 16 other Power 5 offers. Arizona State, Illinois, Missouri (where he's a legacy), Oregon, Iowa, Kansas, and North Carolina have all been discussed as contenders. It's of course a great sign that he's taking an official visit and that this is his first official. He chose to visit Minnesota this weekend over Iowa; although, he's already visited Iowa twice unofficially. He's also taken unofficial visits to Illinois and Kansas. Moore is taking an official to North Carolina this weekend.

Joshua Rawlings: three-star Pittsburgh tight end with seven other Power 5 offers. Rawlings took an official to Virginia over the weekend and takes an official to Pitt, his hometown school, this weekend. Vanderbilt is also a contender for Rawlings.

“Just playing in the Big Ten is appealing, and Minnesota doesn’t have a true tight end; they have more of fullbacks right now, so they said I could be a big-time player there. They said I could be a centerpiece at their program and do something big in their program.”

Ali Saad: three-star Detroit area defensive tackle with seven other Power 5 offers. Saad took an official visit to Boston College in late May and an official to Illinois on Monday. Iowa State is also thought to be a contender.

"I love the way the coaching staff actually takes time to ask how I'm doing and all that stuff, and I really appreciate that. Also, I really want to study medicine and they have a great medical school. That got me really interested in learning more about Minnesota."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News