ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Official visit preview

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014

Potts is from rural central Pennsylvania and arrived in Minnesota last night. Three weeks ago, he listed Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple (visited), Virginia Tech, Northwestern (no offer), and Maryland (no offer) as the schools recruiting him the hardest. He's a top study with Ivy offers, too. Potts I believe missed much of last year with a knee injury, so he has a lot of upside as a recruit if he's able to send out good film from this fall. Given the prior knee injury and relatively few visits thus far, I don't think he's looking to make a decision soon. Lots of eyes will be on him this fall.

Mosley's visited Minnesota before. You can read his recap here. Fleck, Simon, and Burns have all spent a lot of time recruiting Mosley, so I think Minnesota's in a pretty decent spot.

He took official visits to Missouri and Cincinnati this month and plans to take two more out-of-state official visits, which will likely be to Oregon and Purdue. He also has in-state offers to Michigan and Michigan State, both of which he's visited several times. Last I heard, his offer to Michigan is not committable and they probably want him to camp there and prove he's higher than others on their board. Michigan State's offer is committable and the Spartans are the likely favorite.

I think Minnesota's in a good spot relative to the out-of-state schools right now. I wouldn't expect a commitment this weekend but it wouldn't totally shock me either, for no other reason than Minnesota's put in a lot of work and it's a repeat visit. Long-term (even if something happens this weekend), I think Michigan could be a factor if they decide to offer.

Nnamdi Adim-Madumere and Rashee Rice I would say are the two other top receiver targets right now.

Four-star! Minnesota offered in March, and Barlow has had Fleck, Patterson, and Burns all in touch with him. He's thought to really like TCU, where he has a close relationship with the staff, is nearby, and knows people on the team. Arkansas has long made him a priority, and he took an official visit there two weeks ago. Oklahoma State is also considered a contender, and he visited Stillwater this past weekend. Baylor, Missouri, and Texas Tech are also involved.

I wouldn't expect a commitment this weekend, but kudos to Minnesota for getting Barlow on campus and for casting a good net with running backs. Jirehl Brock, King Doerue, Cam Wiley, TJ McDaniel, and of course Potts all very much have Minnesota on their radar. The Gophers have room for a couple of them.

Price is a monster, Fleck-archetype tackle from the Chicago burbs. He's on his way to Minnesota now. Minnesota offered back in February and have put in a lot of work.

"I can't wait to see what they have to offer, just waiting to see it all for myself! What I'm looking for is diversity and support," is what he texted me this morning.

He visited Iowa State over the weekend and recently took an official to Illinois, as well. He recently listed West Virginia, Iowa State, Illinois, and Minnesota, in no order, as the schools recruiting him the hardest with Illinois and Minnesota in the lead. Price is likely looking to decide soon, so while I'm not expecting a commitment to Minnesota this week, it wouldn't be too shocking and regardless I think he'll make his choice relatively soon.

With Faalele, York, and Norton as freshman tackles in the last class and JJ Guedet already committed in this class, Minnesota can be pretty selective with tackles in 2019. The only other big target, I think, is Benhart, but Price is more likely and Minnesota would be thrilled with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News