ADVERTISEMENT

People outside of Minnesota may not know the concentration of HOF baseball players in St Paul

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Guys, I know there are more than this but I would like to take 3 roads that are basically parallel and near to each other in St Paul..... Snelling Avenue, Hamline Avenue, and Lexington Parkway.. All 'North/South' roads in my hometown.. Think of these players that played in this area, south of Highway 94, that went to 3 different high schools that you could drive by, in less than a 5 mile trip.

As I remember St Paul the last time I was there, Highland Park HS is on Snelling.. The home of Jack Morris, who was the ace of the pitching staffs of 3 different teams who won the World Series(Detroit, Minnesota, and Toronto).. Incidently, I want to brag that my cousin pitched against him twice in high school, and beat him both times. ANYWAYS, go one main road east to Hamline Avenue and head north to Cretin Derham, where Paul Molitor played and, of course, was the alma mater of Joe Mauer....Only about 2 miles from Highland Park HS...Then, go east one more main road to Lexington then head north to Central High School which is the alma mater of Dave Winfield, another Hall of Famer... That is really impressive coming from a northern city, when you think about it.... Plus there were many more pros from the area besides the 3 I listed here.....St Paul has a proud history of some really good baseball players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlefinger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News