ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Should STP take a month off from commenting on #7?

Should STP take a month off from criticizing #7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AhliBobwa

Jan 27, 2010
STP is increasingly stuck on his personal hobby horse--#7's ball placement--STP repeats himself over and over again and drains all of the fun out of watching Leidner's obvious improvement: (64.5% passing, only 1 INT through 3 games, great running, good decision making, successful line audibles, etc.)

Instead, he complains and criticizes and wrings his hands and frets. To STP, everything boils down to how Leidner's ball placement isn't on par with what NFL coaches demand or what is ideal for the system of (insert Texas born NFL/power 5 QB coach here) that STP has rubbed elbows with at one point or another.

Mitch went 16-20 and you are obsessing about his ball placement? And yes, I acknowledge that his ball placement was off on 3-4 crossing routes today which cost us yards. But ya know, what? This isn't the NFL and 16-20 is a helluva lot better than what most CFB QBs do.

Mitch is ranked in the top 3 for Big 10 QBs on pro football focus. His QBR and adjusted QBR are high.

STP, how about I acknowledge you're right? Mitch doesn't place the ball on the money virtually all the time like DeShaun Watson or Andrew Luck.

But do you know how many FBS squads would KILL to have Mitch under center right now? A lot.

So how bout we agree that Mitch isn't perfect, nor will he win the Heisman troph 'cause holy $*&# why would I wanna hear you complain about ball placement EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK?!?

So please, vote in this poll and send a message to Scott Weiland of GI*

*I enjoy many of STP's posts. This is not meant to disparage STP. But at this point STP's complaining about ball placement sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: chap99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News