ADVERTISEMENT

Position strengths

Calminnfan

Jan 2, 2007
Porterville, CA
Just a quick, non professional observation of the position strengths of the teams, and not knowing anything about the PWO commits, though glad we have them. Seems like a few very good gets there as well

Excellent: None

Very Strong:
1. DBs...the only reason this position did not get excellent is I feel we could use another safety
2. LBs - could have used Pine, otherwise should be a very good position for years.
3. RB...Would have been great to get Byrd, but cea la vie. Anyways, with the starters and depth currently on the team, looks very good for a couple of years and it really does not serve RBs well to leave early unless they are top in the nation.
3. wait for it, wait for it....QBS - Love how Leidner played after Limegrover left. Croft, Green and Williams give them a strong position

Solid:
1. OL...wished for one more strong commit, but we got a pretty good group and even more so, an excellent OL coach to work with them. I think they may prove better than expected next year, if for no other reason, the OL coach.
2. WR/TE...Snelson's loss as a player may sting a little, though not the added baggage that would come with him. The position itself still has enough players to make some things happen. Looking forward to seeing what Johnson will do for this group and the offense in general.

Last comment intended to make on Snelson...I do not wish ill on him, but a few years from now I suspect he is going to have some regrets. He had the potential opportunity to stand out and be noticed at MN...

not as solid:
1. ST - Would be solid, but no info on the new punter...glad they got a kicker signed this year though!
2. DL - A couple of recruits need a year or two to bulk up and missing on Watts may be the biggest miss for recruiting this year.

weak: NA

Overall this team has the potential to take the next step and looking forward to seeing what the new coaches can do as well. I am personally thinking Claeys has a great group of coaches to work with!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News