ADVERTISEMENT

Postgame player quotes

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
CONOR RHODA
On his overall assessment of today’s game…
“On the first drive, we came right out of the gates, ran it down their throat, but had to settle for three. From there, we stalled for a couple of drives, but we really got it going after halftime. We weren’t pleased with the couple of penalties we had, offense stalled a few times, but after halftime we came out a lot better.”

On what the pick-six by Jacob Huff did for the team’s mindset…
“It definitely gave us a spark. We could be up by 20, we could be down by 20. When you get 37 points like that, it’s a huge lift. Jacob is a great player and he made a really great play.”

KOBE MCCRARY
On how much he enjoyed the opportunity to play with two other great backs on the team…
“All of the running backs are prepared. It’s always the next one up. Rodney, Shannon, all of us are good enough to play if somebody goes down.”

On the successful rushing attack against Middle Tennessee…
“We realized we were wearing them down on the first drive. Rodney had a great run on the first play, so we knew we were going to be able to run the ball. We came into the game and wanted to run the ball and that’s what we did.”

On the relationship of the running back group on the team…
“We all know we are capable to play, so during the game, the guys on the sidelines are looking to push and motivate the guy out there. We lean on each other. We all have a relationship. We are all very close. We laugh together and if one of us is down, we pick each other up.”

JACOB HUFF
On what happened during his pick-six...
"It was really a good call by Coach, and it was something that we game-planned for... It was really a team play."

On the last time he had scored a touchdown...
"When I played offense in high school, I played a little bit of running back my senior year so I had a few touchdowns here and there."

On his opinion of the Gophers’ alternate gold helmets...
"I like the helmets. Ever since I've been here we've never worn all gold so I thought it was pretty sweet."

THOMAS BARBER
On how the defense has played...
"There's still stuff to improve on, but right now I think the defense played well."

On his interception...
"Mine was just getting to the ball. I didn't make an excellent play on the ball. It was just up in the air and I just happened to be there to catch it."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.