ADVERTISEMENT

BBall Recruiting Prospects talk about Sunday's big win

David Sisk

Jun 10, 2015
Sunday was the best of both worlds. Not only did Minnesota dispatch a top-three team for the first time in six years when it defeated Ohio State, the Gophers also did in in front of a big crowd of local prospects and a future team member.

In the past 36 hours, we have spoken to players, parents and coaches about their experiences. This is normally done in story from for the front page, but the feedback I get keeps evolving. I have heard from most of he players that were there but not all. I have spoken or texted with others this afternoon. I want to be able to add to the content as I get it so that is why it is done in a thread.

Kerwin Walton - "I thought the Gophers played really hard against them (Ohio State). The atmosphere was great and I really liked how Minnesota attacked them, specifically Marcus Carr. That was the best I've ever seen him play. He was great at attacking the rim and finishing on he other team's bigs."

Tre Holloman - "They (Minnesota played as a team led by Marcus Carr. They also had good coaching. I expected a good game."

Stanley Boateng, Matrize Mitchell's AAU coach who accompanied him to the game - "It was a great experience for him and me. Minnesota is going to be a great spot for him. Pitino can't wait for his arrival."

Elvis Nnaji - "First off, the experience and watching the players and how intense they were, not only the players but the coaching staff as well. They were all into the game. I guess even though Ohio State was supposed to be ranked number one, Minnesota just had the determination to win which really helped them to win the game as well. Watching the players before and after they game they were all together, and played together as well, and talked to each other the whole entire time. If anyone was down their teammate was picking them up. So it was a great to be around them and see that as well. This is something to build off of in high school. I can watch them and do that with my team as well.

The environment was great. That shows how united Minnesota really is: the players, the fans, and the coaches as well. I guess they are just one big family so it's nice to see that."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News