ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts on this class

Gopher love

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2014
1. Carter coughlin is the best athlete we have recruited in some time, the 4.53 40 would've been the second fastest of all of the linebackers at the combine last year and he ran that as only a 17 year old before his senior year, he obviously has to add some weight but I think when its all said and done he will be a first team all big ten at least.... Just hope he can stay healthy and stay away from those concussions.

2. One of my favorite commits of this class that no one is talking about is Connor Olson, just watch the film he has a mean streak and pushed people backward every play and pancaked a lot of players, also he has grown a lot as he is already at 6'5 288 with good weight and looks strong too, I think Connor will be starting at gaurd sooner than we think, also he is a great student and is going into the medical field.

3. I think they should just make kamal Martin a DE, he reportably is already 238 and that's already the size of our biggest linebacker in jack Lynn, also at 238 he has 20 to 25 pounds on our other DE recruits and could play a lot earlier and we all know we need d ends as the only proven guys are ekpe and Elmore, nonetheless I see kamal making an impact pretty early in his career.

4. Not getting snelson will be a good thing in the long run, first off we didn't need 4 recievers this class and I think Tyler Johnson or Phillip Howard are just as talented and won't be a selfish nut case like snelson either, and I remember in interviews he said that the coaching staff wanted him to play the KJ maye role but I think that was Eric carters job to lose anyway and I think Carter is faster than snelson anyway, don't get me wrong he is talented but got plenty of young recievers to work with and I don't think he could have handled not starting out the gate.

5. I'm disappointed with the ending of this class and especially with losing out on watts, but I'm fine with only signing 20 this class, at this time we only have 11 scholarship players graduating next year and even if you add the possible transfers and early grads it will be a small class anyways and I think if we bank a scholarship or two it will help us balance out our classes, and I'm happy we didn't reach on any people at the end just to fill spots, I like the potential of all of these recruits and they're are no head scratchers in my eyes, I honestly couldn't tell you who my least favorite recruit is because I like something about all of them.

Overall I like this class and once again sawvel brought in a great group of d backs and I can't wait to see what those guys can do. On to 2017 recruiting...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News