ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Illinois postgame presser

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
Nate Mason
  • Definitely sluggish to start the first half. Didn't play well to start, but that didn't have to do with Thanksgiving break or anything. Need to grow up and get in the gym and get better.
  • It's different to not have Reggie as a shot blocker in the middle, but Eric Curry has similar qualities.
  • Need to come out and throw the first punch against Florida State.
  • We guarded the three-point line well, but in the second half we got lazy defensively.
  • Telling Jordan Murphy to keep shooting. He needs to be confident shooting
Dupree McBrayer
  • Need to have a better start.
  • Eric Curry is maturing in front of our eyes. He made some mistakes, but it's up to us to keep him playing within himself.
Richard Pitino
  • Obviously pleased with the 6-0 start, but we needed a wake-up call.
  • From an offensive standpoint, we weren't really connected. We got frustrated because we were missing shots.
  • If you defend and rebound and guard the three, you're going to be in every game. We did that tonight.
  • After the shootaround, we made the decision to not have Reggie play. No idea if he'll be back for Florida State. Trainer told me can't play, so that's all there is to it.
  • I thought the crowd was tremendous. No students obviously, but obviously if they were here the crowd would have been even better.
  • We should be a no ego program. We have not earned the right to have an ego.
  • Bakary gave us great minutes.
  • I want Akeem to take good shots. If you're open, great. If not, provide value otherwise. I thought he gave us good minutes.
  • Wasn't happy with our post players' shot selection.
  • Left a lot of points on the board from free throws.We emphasize free throws every day. We talk about it. I think we're a much better free throw shooting than we showed. It's kind of mental and spiraled downward for us.

Reactions: homesite2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News