ADVERTISEMENT

The crash yesterday

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
I am incredibly sorry that the servers crashed yesterday. You guys have every right to be upset. I'm embarrassed and feel sick about it. For the servers to fail once again definitely makes everyone at Rivals cringe. I couldn't do anything about it but wish I could have. We feel terrible about it.

There was record-breaking traffic yesterday morning, far more than historic predictions. Under that load, there was a database issue that led to other problems. We are still in a transition period between old and new technology, but that is not an excuse. Things occurred yesterday from a technical standpoint that couldn't be projected, and for that everyone at HQ and Gopher Illustrated apologizes immensely.

I'm sure you guys were told this after the last crash and I know actions speak louder than words, but I actually don't think a Signing Day crash will happen again because all backend technology will soon be migrated over. This Signing Day obliterated all traffic expectations and exposed unique challenges for our tech team, but HQ says they've already learned a lot from the problems faced yesterday and have already begun implementing improvements across the network.

Again, I am very, very sorry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.