ADVERTISEMENT

THE OBVIOUS: A few guys came to play for Coach Kill

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Transfers will happen if a staff stays let alone a change at the top.. No matter how similar Coach Claeys is in ethics to Coach Kill, no matter how many years Claeys coached under Coach Kill, Coach Claeys is NOT Coach Kill... Recruiting is sales, with the same general characteristics.. Sometimes, there may be a better similar product out there but a salesman is selling to the customer trust in the salesman as much as the product and company.

I think about a Craig James situation. He would certainly be playing a lot next year but that had to be tremendously deflating to watch Coach Kill go through what he did.. These are 18-23 year old kids who still look at coaches as they would a surrogate parent. Losing Coach Kill is a huge deal. To be honest, I am really impressed that the current staff has kept this many kids intact and is a strong testament to the relationships and resolve that the current kids have with the remaining coaches... We have a great group of coaches and great group of players. That is impressive for us, moving forward. But it is certainly understandable if a kid feels that the "rug has been pulled out from under them" when Coach Kill left. Like I said, we should be tremendously thankful to our current staff for maintaining this group in difficult circumstances... Results on the field don't always overcome allegiance of relationships and the loss of Kill, Limegrover, and Zebrowski was a major change, although I would suggest necessary in the case of Limegrover and Coach Z. I wish the best to all the transfers as sometimes it is not a logical issue as much as relational, for some of these guys.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News