ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Thoughts on Casey Collier's film

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014

First, his size and frame is that of a Fleck tackle. At 6'7" and 295, he has great size and appears to be able to add even more weight.

The biggest thing that stands out to me on his tape is how he finishes blocks. He's relentless and continues to move his feet. He'll pancake guys ten yards down field.

I also like his hands. Once his hands are on the defender, it's game over. He does a good job of finding the breastplate of the defender, extending and locking on.

I think he looks like a good but not elite athlete. He could be quicker getting out of his stance.

There's also very little footage of him in pass sets, so that's an area of his game that remains to be seen.

While they're different players, this addition reminds me a little of Tyler Cooper. Great size, strength, + a mean streak? That gives a coach a lot to work with. I also understand why he didn't have loads of Power 5 offers, but I'd remind everyone that it's early in the recruiting process, especially for a lineman. Tyler Guedet added 55 pounds between his offer and Signing Day. Callahan has an excellent track record and I trust his ability to identify talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News