ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Tuesday Recruiting Update

Connor Stevens

Jun 1, 2015
One day before signing day, and we don’t have much of an update from what we’ve already reported this week.

There has been a shift for Colorado now being the favorite for Darius Robinson since the Kristian Williams commitment. Remember, even though the Colorado head coach changed, Robinson’s recruiter stayed. He took two official visits to Boulder because of the new rule changes. Mizzou and Michigan are the other options, but the Michigan folks aren’t convinced he’s a take for them, and remember, they want him to play TE, which I’m not sure Robinson wants to do. Whatever the case is, I’d be surprised if the choice is Minnesota, which is fine because Minnesota’s defensive line class is already really big.

Demariyon Houston looks like he’ll sign in February. Haselwood to Oklahoma steam could increase SIGNIFICANTLY if Justin Fields transfers to Oklahoma, which has been noted as one of his top options. The two are very close. Haselwood to OU should guarantee Houston doesn’t have a spot there, which it looks like he already doesn’t have. Also watch for Langston Anderson and Oklahoma State, as he decides tomorrow and is their top WR target. Haselwood to OU, and Anderson to OKSU would be good for Minnesota, but they’ll still have to hold off other schools that try to jump in late.

Ahmarean Brown I don’t think has a committable offer from Minnesota. Again, Gophers are pretty tight on room and satisfied with their class.

Dontye Carriere-Williams decides today. He’s the one to watch for, but our sources in the South say he’ll be signing with Vanderbilt. I guess now that Damarion Williams won’t be signing, Minnesota’s door is likely now open for Carriere-Williams, but we’re expecting him to choose Vanderbilt.

Hookfin we expect to sign with Baylor, or maybe Texas.

This leaves Minnesota at 21 total commitments (Peter Udoibok and Tyler Cooper are maroonshirts). Houston will be the main target to watch for in the next Signing Period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News