ADVERTISEMENT

Will the basketball team end the regular season winning 3 of the last 4??

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I am guessing that most are thinking, "Is Vifan crazy?? Our guys have to concentrate on getting ONE Big 10 win, let alone think 3 of the last 4 games!!!"..I agree with that.. But looking at the end of the season, it is fun to speculate, especially since we have improved our play and given a couple of ranked teams some great games recently.

Our first half of the month of February looks pretty rough though we have 2 weekends off, coming up.. We have Northwestern and Michigan first.. That would be 3 offenses in a row geared as 3 point shooting teams in Indiana, Northwestern, and Michigan....After that, probably the 2 toughest opponents we will see all year in Iowa and Maryland.. The best we can do with Iowa and Maryland is play like we did against Indiana which was fast and loose.. We have nothing to lose by playing like that and we played less tight against Indiana in Bloomington. We already know the challenges that Northwestern and Michigan present...

After that, our last 4 games are against Rutgers twice, Illinois, and Wisconsin.. If we play like we did against Purdue and Indiana, I think we can win all 3 against Rutgers and Illinois.. Wisconsin is a rivalry game and we could possibly(GULP) catch them on a day they overlook us. I know I am in a fantasy world in my hypothetical, but I think it realistic to win 3 of the final 4 regular season games, at least.

Wisconsin is a team that has the toughest ending of the year of just about any conference team.. Indiana has a backloaded schedule also but Wisconsin travels to Iowa, Maryland, Michigan State, and Purdue in the last 3 weeks.. That is a monster schedule to end the season.. They have 'toss up' games with Ohio State and Michigan and probably wins against Illinois and Nebraska based on how Wisconsin has played recently.. They may be pretty tired as they travel to Iowa City, College Park, and Lansing before seeing us. One can dream, anyways..

We are a much better team than a month ago. Yes, we still need a win but the chemistry is better and guys are starting to see their roles better. The next 4 games could be tough but if Richard P. gets them to continue to play with the same effort as the recent games, 3 of 4 to end the regular season does not seem out of reach.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News