ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting ***2025 OL TARGET DETAILS TW0-DAY VISIT***

Sean_Williams

Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Heading into Tuesday's visit with Minnesota, New Rochelle (N.Y.) Iona Prep offensive tackle Rowan Byrne had a lot of interest in the Gophers.

"What interests me a lot is the caliber of offensive linemen that come out of Minnesota and the great history of offensive line play," Byrne told TGR ahead of his visit.

The rising 2025 prospect came away impressed with Minnesota after getting a very detailed look at the program during his two-day visit.

"Practice was awesome," Byrne noted. "They really got after it. I saw a lot of stuff while I was there - full campus tour facility tour and saw spring practice over the two days."

Spring practice and getting to spend time with offensive line coach Brian Callahan was definitely a highlight of Byrne's trip.

"I loved coach (Brian) Callahan," Byrne said. "I thought me and him connected well and I’m excited to build my relationship with him. The way he coaches offensive line is excellent. The values he has for his offensive lines are great, and he develops linemen so well. Results speak for themselves. He consistently has a top offensive line in the country and sends guys to the next level yearly. There’s no doubt to me he’s one of the best offensive line coaches out there."

The 6-foot-6, 285-pound prospect also got have great conversations with head coach P.J. Fleck as well.

"I like his intensity and passion for the game. I also really loved how much he cares about his players and developing them into good men for life. He wants to develop you as a man and a football player which is so important to me. I really liked his personality the energy was real and it’s contagious, you wanna run through a wall for Coach Fleck."

New cornerbacks coach Nick Monroe has served as Byrne's main recruiting contact on Minnesota's staff, a relationship that dates back during his time at Syracuse.

"I've had a relationship and been building one with him for a while now. Conversations were great with him as always, I have a great relationship with him, especially as he lived in New York for so long."

Overall, the Gophers left a very strong impression on Byrne following his time on campus.

"I’m loving Minnesota, I could really see myself there playing for Coach Fleck and Callahan and loving being a part of the program."

Byrne has also taken recent visits to Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, and Boston College - he possesses offers from all of those programs as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News