ADVERTISEMENT

55 is ready to preach again...nitwits gather round

Highway55

Feb 5, 2007
Now that the offense is finally breathing and our head coach is a defensive guy. I feel better about the direction of the program actually. I believe after a full spring and fall practice we will see Claeys and what he is about his fall. Our skill players should be jumping for joy. 2 steps forward and 1 step back. 2016 could be special!

Kill had some amazing strengths and I admire and respect his work ethic and ability to build. Perfect man to lead this program for 5 years out of the dumps. Any comments I had about the program was guided towards excellence and not a personal attack on any coach. I really think his anxiety and need to control spiraled him out of control. Stress triggers seizures from what I can tell and he couldn't manage the stress of the job or the extra effort it took to control everything. Claeys has a
much different disposition and personality. Let's hope it works. We need the spirit of Kill in dinky town with a splash of freedom...

But whether you are Kill or Claeys you better get this one right here. Or Claeys you will be gone too.
55 keeps it real!

Here is what I need you nitwits (and coaches) to understand. BIGTIME college sports is a partnership. It is a total partnership between the coaches and players. They need each other to succeed. After all it is a team sport.

You will never hear of a great coach, without listing a long list of great or very good players. It's a total partnership. When I hear coaches that need a five year deal, new facilities, private planes etc so they can be comfortable and secure, I need these so that they will have the time and security to build a program....I get that. But when that same coach says that we don't believe in gamers and everyday my players must earn playing time in practice, the player in me cringes. You beg for security for you,
Can a brotha get some too? You recruited me when I was 18, you liked me then. I've been here for a few years know coach. You know what I can do, so just use me for what I bring and don't punish me for what I don't. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. (Jones & Edwards come to mind)

Sort of this you are as good as your last game mentality, I have a problem with that. Coach if you need security so you can relax and work, your players need it too. We have a long list of injured players and we have not seen many of therm carried off the field on game day. I can't remember one actually. Has anyone here seen one player carried of the field yet in this injury riddled season? Which clearly tells me, many of these young men are getting worked really hard in practice to keep their position and each week they must prove yet again they deserve to start/play. They have no security, so practice has become game day. You don't get hurt walking through dinky town. You can't pull a muscle at Al's breakfast. If so, I'd be in a hospital right now. These are great athletes they are getting hurt because they are under stress.

When Devondre had a baby and because he didn't participate in every single practice he didn't play
Much, my attennas went up. You have a senior, knows the defense, one of your best players and doesn't play as much because he didn't practice and wasn't part of the gameplan that's crae crae.

Sounds absolutely crazy to me. No wonder we got blown out! You always put your best players on the field. This approach that I must prove myself each week is hypocritical and contradicts what the coaches express they need in order to excel. I believe these kids were over worked by Kill in practice and his need to fix it. That is why our list of injured players is longer than normal and my guess most of them were in offense because that is where the stress has been.

Please coach don't make every practice game day. If you do, it will eventually take its toll on my mind and body. Is 55 saying practice doesn't matter or is a waste of time? Of course not. Coach in practice I just want to focus on getting better, not focusing on keeping my job. You don't have to, why should I? If you need security....coach I need some too. 55 loves teaching nitwits. Some of you should realize that 55 ain't crazy....he is freaking brilliant.

I told y'all Leidner can play and he is white. So y'all know I'm brilliant. Claeys please allow you players to get comfortable and confident and they will respond and help you keep your job. It's a partnership dawg, you will not be a great coach until you realize, your players need exactly what you do. A little security with their job.

I should run for president! Two brothas in the White House back to back. You white folks would go crazy, I'll give y'all a break and run after Hillary does what she do. Peace out!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News