ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Kill on Minnesota:

E.J. Stevens

Jul 11, 2016
Big Ten Network Interviewed Coach Kill this week and he answered several questions about his time with Minnesota and the situation P.J. Fleck is walking into. "We had to rebuild that thing, he walked into a gold mine." Interesting comments to say the least by Coach Kill. There is talent here remaining but the depth is far from what you would like as a head coach. Thoughts??

Q: Do you have any thoughts on Minnesota?
A: People were saying they have to rebuild Minnesota. Shoot. That thing is built and ready to go. This year should be the best that Minnesota has had. I support (P.J.) Fleck on what he is doing. You have to do what you have to do. It is his program now. But I am not crazy about him saying they have to rebuild the program. We went in there and said a lot of the same things when I took over, but that’s not the case now. That new A.D. (Mark Coyle) has no idea what we inherited. (Former A.D.) Joel Maturi does. Call him. We inherited a mess. (Fleck) has walked into a gold mine.

Q: Are you bitter about how it all ended at Minnesota?
A: Not at all. I am proud of the opportunity Minnesota gave me. I loved it there. A great place to live, great players to coach, great staff to work with. Got a lot of stuff done. Got that building started. I am good at getting buildings started. I have no regrets. I had to battle three different A.D.s and different administrations, that was a battle. But I have been doing that my whole life. I did whatever I did to myself. The people treat me tremendously to this day.

Q: Do you still talk to Claeys?
A: I was at spring break with him. He has come to talk to our defense. He has been to TCU, at Southern Illinois. I think he’ll sit out and get back in. He has some people who have talked to him. Sitting out helped me and gave me a different view. I went to Michigan during the season and spoke to the team. Went to Notre Dame. It was good and bad when I stepped away. But I have no gumption to be a head coach again. This is where I want to be. - See more at: http://btn.com/2017/03/31/big-ten-q...tor-jerry-kill/#sthash.euqVOpK3.sBGzlp5z.dpuf

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News