ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Josiah Strong interview

Sean_Williams

Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Minnesota has been hot on the trail of Illinois State guard transfer Josiah Strong since he entered the transfer portal back on April 5th. The Brooklyn Park (Minn.) native was recently visited Ben Johnson and the Gophers and is closing in on a decision.

Strong recently chatted with ThePortalReport.com about his Minnesota visit, other schools involved, and timeframe for a decision.

On his recent Minnesota visit: "They've been recruiting me hard since I entered the portal. It's back home, so it's obviously interesting and intriguing. My visit went well. Right now, I'm in the process of trying to figure out the best option for me, but I definitely had a great visit there. Coach (Ben) Johnson, he's a great coach, so it was definitely a good visit."

On other schools involved: "I've been talking a lot to Iowa State, Nevada, Cal-Berkeley, Fresno State, and South Florida just to name a few. Trying to dwindle things down here a little bit coming up but that's kind of where I'm at."

On factors in his decision: "Basketball is kind of where I'm keeping my decision at. I want to go to a place where we can have a great year, both individually and as a team."

Also noted that he took a recent trip to Nevada and is in the process of planning others. Planning to make his decision in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNesley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News