ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting **KYRAN MONTGOMERY EXPLAINS WHY GOPHERS ARE IN HIS TOP 3**

Sean_Williams

Staff
Oct 14, 2013
On Sunday, Pike (Ind.) defensive end Kyran Montgomery trimmed his list of top schools from six to three. Included among that group are Florida State, Missouri, and Minnesota.

The four-star prospect picked up an offer from the Gophers back in January, but his previous relationship with defensive line coach Chad Wilt has helped put Minnesota among the lead pack in his recruiting process.

Montgomery goes in-depth about his relationship with Wilt, the rest of the coaching staff, and what he likes about Minnesota below:

- On why Minnesota is among his top schools:

"Definitely the program Minnesota has built over the last few years. They keep getting better. I've also got a good relationship with Coach (Chad) Wilt because he started recruiting me as a sophomore when he was at Cincinnati. Through my relationship with him, I've built a good relationship with Coach (P.J.) Fleck and Coach (Joe) Rossi, the defensive coordinator there.

- On what else stands out about the program and the university:

"I've had three virtual visits with them. It's something different every time. I talk to a different person in a category every time so I'm meeting with everybody. I like the love that Coach Fleck shows with his players. I know a couple of players from Minnesota myself and talk to them. Basically, the love around campus and location isn't that far from me."

- On where Minnesota likes him in their defensive scheme:

"They like me as a defensive end, pass rusher that can drop to outside linebacker. A hybrid player."

- On his relationship with Indy native and current Minnesota commit Austin Booker:

"Austin is one of my guys. He's definitely recruiting me to join him."

- On what he's looking for when he does take on-campus visits down the road:

"Just a place where I can feel at home. Feel the love from the coaching staff and the players."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News