ADVERTISEMENT

Pouring out the 40...

Prop Joe

Gold Member
Oct 20, 2007
The South Bay
As a new round of warnings, bans and Moderator threats are coming down, is this the last sunset for DT? So few of us even post anymore and this board is so out of whack. I am starting to believe that the era of the Off Topic Message Board is about to jump the proverbial shark. I saw the harmless GIF that Boat posted (erased by our Swerving Moderator) and Bradt was given a warning after 41K+ posts after responding beautifully to a horrible troll.

After Eddie Munster sold, I thought for sure the dick measuring would end and because of that, I would start posting again. I have tried, but when your Moderator du jour has the top 6 posts on TGR, to me, that is a recipe for disaster. Once again, we are in the era that allows the gutless PM to tell you to stop being "abusive" or "aggressive," but the 33rd thread on one of our 2018 recruits sending a tweet is "why we pay for this amazing information."

What irritates me personally is the simplicity of it all. It is a fvcking message board and for some strange reason, we still cater to those who complain the most. Why is that those that complain seem to have their entry fee valued more than those that push the envelope? I completely understand that lazy people love to have foggieguy summarize what is happening in their world, but why are you at fault if you do not give a shit and more importantly, say so?

Why must there be CNN and FOX? Why can't there be a place where with the exception of blatant, actual racism (not 55 or Kim's Dad trolling the obvious) where anything goes and it not be personal? The pussification of America is everywhere and this board is becoming the sample petri dish. I could give a shit if Wren or Walter Bond have a take, but if it is thought provoking or pushes buttons, who cares? If you take the time to write a response, then what you type is only on you, not them.

Trump is the king of false bravado and HRC is the picture of deceit. We now live in a world that you can say whatever you desire and if it does not stick, oh well, it wasn't your fault. I call bullshit. Say what you believe, have the intelligence to back it up and if someone disagrees, they are not actually stealing your first born. Have a spine, believe in your point and know that 51% is the only number that truly matters to succeed.

College Football is my favorite because all 14 games matter. There is no game off and if you lose, it better be a great loss or well timed. I also believe that your ability to roll with it determines your success going forward. You do not have to be loved or admired, but any great poster will always be respected because their content makes it so. If not, then flaming SHOULD commence and in the words of Red Foreman, said poster should be outed for being a dumbass.

I hope that I am wrong and the ship rights itself, but I will not hold my breath. Hell, MACturi made a living off these same people, so to expect change is bearish at best.

/rant

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News