ADVERTISEMENT

TGR Confessional

Littlefinger

The Wisest Fool
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2004
'18 TGR POY
1. At what point did you become a die-hard Gopher fan?
2. What is your earliest Gopher memory?
3. Who is your all-time favorite Gopher?
4. Did you grow up in Minnesota?
5. Why did you pick your current Rivals user name?
6. What are your previous Rivals user names (if applicable)?

---------------------------------------------------------------

1. Growing up, I was a big Vikings, Twins, and North Stars fan. I wasn't too much into the Gophers for most of my youth since they were rarely on TV. During the Wacker years, we had some fun games against Syracuse (I was in high school at the time), and I became hooked.

2. My earliest Gopher memory was the bowl win over Clemson. That was a pretty big deal with a lot of my uncles.

3. There have been a lot of fun Gophers to watch over the years but my favorite would probably have to be Greg Eslinger. He was unheralded and not a real big guy but he came in and started at Center on day one and never looked back. He was the epitome of the type of players that Grinnin' Glen recruited during his tenure.

4. I grew up in Minnesota all around the Twin Cities. Off the top of my head, I've lived in Norwood, Young America, Chaska, Excelsior, Circle Pines, Fridley, Coon Rapids, and Cambridge. After graduating high school, I joined the Navy and have lived in Florida, South Carolina, New York, Washington, Hawai'i, and Virginia.

5. If you didn't know, I'm a big Game of Thrones fan. Littlefinger and Varys are two characters that are in the know and seem to have their fingers in everything. I could have went with Varys, however he's a eunuch. I decided to go with Littlefinger since he's a tough guy to get a read on.

6. I have gone by many names on this board. My original username was DrSwerve around the 2001/2002 time frame. I didn't stay on the board long since it was extremely boring in those days. After realizing other boards also sucked, I came back here in 2004, however Rivals wouldn't let me use DrSwerve again, so I became DrSwerve1978. After many years with that name, I switched it up with NukedSquid (I was a nuclear operator on a submarine). After a while as NukedSquid, I switched it to Littlefinger. After becoming a mod on this board, I changed it to Chris G. in order to sound a little more professional but I ended up switching it back to Littlefinger since I got a ton of backlash over on the main board. Apparently Littlefinger has become too big of a name over there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News