ADVERTISEMENT

Yes they are hated rivals but PRAY FOR WISCONSIN BASKETBALL

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Howard Moore is a VERY POPULAR assistant mens basketball coach for the Wisconsin Badgers..He lost his wife and daughter in a tragic car accident in Ann Arbor, Michigan, which is the hometown of his wife. I know this is a Minnesota site, which is archrivals, but in this case I ask that you put it aside to pray for a class act of a coach.. I am familiar with him as he has sat near me at HS basketball games in NW Ohio when Wisconsin was recruiting Nigel Hayes and Vitto Brown from our area..

Moore played at Wisconsin and did some work as analyst for the Big Ten channel.. But people that know him would tell you about how community-minded the coach and his wife have been, both in Madison and his hometown of Chicago... I can tell you that he housed former Badger players Nigel Hayes and Vitto Brown on holidays that they could not get back to Toledo and has done it for many other players as well. . His wife was helping young unmarried pregnant girls, all the time.. Moore lost his uncle to a shooting a couple years ago and was devastated by that.. I cant imagine the hurt that will be coming in the future without his beloved wife and daughter.. His son survived the crash as well but Moore was in a coma though I am not sure how he is now... He is at University of Michigan hospital which is elite just like the University of Minnesota hospital, so that is comforting. This situation transcends rivalry and I pray for the full recovery of the family, both physically and emotionally, from this difficult situation.. Those who observed the accident cant believe anyone survived as it was an instant explosion after contact of the vehicles. The driver of the other car was driving the wrong way and was killed instantly, as well... Lots of prayers for all these family members of all parties involved.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News