ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, we are 0-1 but I am very proud of the Gophers

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I am sure there will be a lot of negative threads regarding the refs, why our DBs were so deep on the first TCU td, O-line play was kinda shaky, Mitch( of course), and who knows what else.. But I am proud of the Gophers and U of M for so many reasons!!

1.. The crowd...What great fan support.. I so wish I was at the game as it looked like a fantastic atmosphere. Getting "THE BANK' rocking needs to be a habit now.

2. Rodney Smith - this kid is going to be a great player, if he remains healthy.

3. I thought our defense settled down very well and adjusted to what TCU was doing. That type of talent at TCU is going to move the ball.

4. What little I have heard, I am seeing people with higher expectations in Minnesota.. A big part of a winning mentality.

5. Mitch had struggles for sure but hung in there.. I like that he has the resolve to come back from the mistakes and lead the team.

6. KJ Maye will be the man for Mitch this year. Really hoping those freshmen WRs watch Maye and understand that he has to use technique to get open.. And they must learn to do the same.

7. Peter Mortell did a good job of punting, that I saw during this game.. Special teams are a strength for this team.

8. DBs did a good job for the most part against an explosive offense.

9. CONFIDENCE WE CAN PLAY WITH THE BEST. We competed against a #2 ranked team that is rated ahead of all the best SEC teams. Arguably, we should have won the game. Very excited for our future.

10. Disposition of this team is more mature than most Gopher teams I have seen as I heard there was no hanging of heads after the loss. Nor should there be. But not be satisfied with 'moral victories' but determination to always improve.. That is a mentality of a champion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News