ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday really sucked. This season has been disappointing

AhliBobwa

Jan 27, 2010
Unless Minnesota can suddenly learn how to play on the road and win this week, this will go down as an incredibly disappointing season.

Don’t get me wrong, I am excited about the potential to be great on offense next year.

And I am excited that once Robb Smith disappeared, we’ve finally seen the D many of us fans knew we had.

But back to back 5-7 seasons?

That’s a stunning failure for a program that went to 5 straight bowl games and won 8+ games 3 of the last 4 years before Fleck arrived.

The Robb Smith hire drastically set this program back.

The offensive mistakes and lack of ability to force turnovers on D has hampered this team all year.

PJ says ‘the ball is the program’ and in 2018 the offense hasn’t done a good job holding onto the ball and the defense has done a poor job forcing turnovers when we need them (aside from a couple great plays by Cashman and Winfield along the way).

I was so hopeful and excited after Purdue. But yesterday’s game was another brutal failure. And now this young team is likely to sit out another post season, instead of growing from those 15 extra practices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News