ADVERTISEMENT

You can't pin this loss on 1 player/ thing...C'mon Man !

stroke the post

Feb 3, 2004
People saying Mitch is terrible are nuts. Truthfully, he played better than the PSU QB. The PSU threw up 4 or 5 prayers that were answered. Look, Mitch is Mitch. He made some good throws and he made some bad throws and 1 terrible throw. He is a middle of the conference quality QB.

Yes, #4 sucks. He is a special teams player not worthy of playing 60+% of the snaps, but the entire secondary sucked. Outside of a true freshman and Travis, our coverage and reaction to jump balls was NAIA at best.

The penalty issues are nerve-racking. Simple as that. We. Are. Undisciplined.

Our DE's used the same wide pass rush all game. You can not do that. Where are the pass rush moves like an inside rip/swim/spin move to get to the QB faster.

Our clock management was atrocious. You could see what we were doing with about 2:45 left. We have to snap the ball at 2 or 3 seconds not 9 or 10. If we miss the FG , we go to OT, but we can't give them 1 minute. That is 100% on the coaches.

On defense, when the other team does not make substitutions between plays, we can't either if they are in hurry up. It put us in a state of confusion as players were running into their spot on the field as the PSU QB was snapping the ball. This is also 100% on the coaches.

I don't have the answers. The teams we beat in the 1st 3 games are all really bad (look at their scores from this week). I don't know if what we are can be fixed. I don't know if it is on the players or coaching staff more. I do think PSU is a bad team. I simply don't know what we are. Let's hold all out judgement for a few weeks. Let's also hope the team comes together as I hate empty trophy cases and I hate bowl games versus MAC teams.

Reactions: mmillwi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News