ADVERTISEMENT

YOUTH has been served!!!! Lets parallel it with Gopher recruiting history, at the time

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
DID YOU KNOW??? The NFL MVP(Lamar Jackson), Super Bowl MVP(Patrick Mahomes), and the Heisman Trophy winner(Joe Burrow) ALL GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL in 2014 or more recent?? Talk about making you feel old.

In 2014, We were talking about Minnesota HS phenom RB Jeff Jones and his troubles.. Minnesota was pursuing the big receivers and NONE OF THEM turned out(Isaiah Gentry, Melvin Holland, Desmond Gant, and Connor Krizancic)... We had recruited important and fantastic guys that made huge contributions later for the Gophers but then had to give up football like Gaelin Elmore, Connor Mayes, and Colton Beebe...... We found 2 "Georgia gems" in Jonathan Celestin at LB and Rodney Smith at RB. We found excellent starters/contributors like Jared Weyler at C, Stephen Richardson and Gary Moore at DT, Brandon Lingen at TE... Had some guys transfer out like Craig James as a DB. A lot of injuries derailed the success of this class. In basketball, we were talking about Bakary Konate and Gaston Diedhou coming in as freshmen... Josh Martin left the program and JC transfer Carlos Morris was mercurial, at best, but HS recruit Nate Mason became a huge success for Gopher hoops.

I like things in perspective and I remember those recruiting conversations like yesterday.. As life and football reveal itself, it is amazing how time flies.. Now, we have a NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP, and Heisman Trophy winner all as old or younger....

I remember my Grandpa telling me that as you get older, time goes faster... I think some of that is us being so busy.. Some of it is that a year is a MUCH LOWER PERCENTAGE OF OUR LIVES as we get older, than it was when we were younger so significance of events can become less and the significance of time speeds up. It is ALL TRUE... It makes me think to appreciate the time and the efforts with the young men and women in Maroon and Gold that entertain us.. The freshmen we talk about today will be gone tomorrow, in a blink of an eye. It makes me think to spend more time appreciating the "here and now"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News