ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Annexstad starts as a Walk On Freshman?? Has that happened in the Big Ten??

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I am going through this in my memory but I don't think there has been a walk on freshman starting at QB in his first college game.. At least in the Big Ten.... I understand this is a special circumstance as there is only 1 other legit choice at QB and he hasn't taken a college snap either.. But this has a chance at gaining attention from a lot of national media, if the Gophers have success this year.

Tanner Morgan was in the program as a redshirt for a year and was a scholarship player...I am sure he will play but Annexstad just outplayed him for the starting spot. This shows that Fleck does not feel the need to justify scholarships by sitting walk ons and playing scholarship players... This has the makings of an inspirational story.

What I also like is that this should be an ENCOURAGEMENT to Jacob Clark and Cole Kramer.. If they are good enough in practice and in the spring,they have a chance to play early in their college careers. The more I think about it, the better this story becomes for the Gopher program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News