ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting 11/25 UPDATE -- Recruit reactions to Minnesota taking the Axe back

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
Solomon Brown: "I just thought it was crazy, but this is the future. We’re only going up and getting better so might as well get used to it."

James Gordon: "Coach Fleck told me to trust the process and the last couple weeks it’s been looking like a whole new mindset and a new squad of brothers. Those boys like my brothers Kamal, Tanner, and Thomas it’s like a brotherhood and I ain't even there yet. I can't wait to be there and be a big change knowing that we are like one of or if not the youngest team in Big 10 is crazy with the success we are having. So when my class gets there it’s going to be nothing but work and getting better and better making these wins a habit. And big Daniel like a big brother to me and know that we are beating the odds."

Keonte Schad: "Minnesota deserves it, young team has a great future ahead."

DeAngelo Griffin: "I knew it would happen one day!!!! Coach PJ is the man with a plan!!"

Jacob Clark: "It was awesome! It really shows how things are changing in Minnesota already and that they are ahead of schedule winning the Axe and being bowl eligible after only two seasons and that the future is bright."

Logan Richter: "It was an ELITE game! Man the boys balled out and played their axes off and I just can't wait to get down there in a few months to join something special!!"

Treyson Potts: "Proves we can win any game and we're going to continue to do so!"

Cole Kramer: "I was super pumped!! We looked real good and it's awesome to bring the Axe back!"

JJ Guedet: "I am so proud of the coaches coaches. Coach Burns has lost his top guys and Ibrahim is a stud. The most aggressive I have seen the O-line play especially Donnell."

Michael Brown-Stephens: "It was a huge win for us. We looked good on all cylinders today against a pretty good Wisconsin team. That was big for the team and the coaching staff. We have something special being built in Minnesota."

11/25 UPDATE

Kaden Johnson: "The game was crazy. I'm excited for PJ and the team. They have worked for this, and I'm happy with what PJ is doing with the program!"

Aaron Witt: "It was truly amazing, but this is just thte start! This program is something special and is going to do special things for years to come."

Jason Williamson: "Part of the vision."

MJ Anderson: "RTB"

Jonathan Mann: "Winning the Axe back means everything to me. It proves how strong the RB culture is and shows only a fraction of what the future holds for us. It also serves as a challenge for the next decade - what we are going to do next. Not only to keep the Axe but now let's talk championship trophies. I wanted to jump right in and join the team chopping down the goalposts last night, can't wait to get there!!"

Peter Udoibok: "It was amazing! It was a great win to see my future team achieve. It will always feel good to beat the Badgers and the way Minnesota did it was something special. It was an awesome way to end the regular season and get to a bowl game, was a great win on the road. I can't wait to be a part of endless moments like that as a Gopher."

Brady Weeks: "This was the most exciting game that I have ever watched. Knowing that I will be a part of this program makes me even more excited knowing our potential! RTB!"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News