ADVERTISEMENT

3/24 Practice Notes

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
I had an exam today that almost completely overlapped with practice, so I was only able to attend about a half hour of practice, plus the media session. Thus, this is pretty slim so make sure to read Nick's great write-up on practice here.

There was hitting on the lines but no tackling, at least not while I was there. There weren't as many spectators as the first practice, and certainly not as many high school coaches. A handful of local college coaches were in attendance.

Leidner was more mobile than I expected him to be. He was putting weight on both feet while making throws. Far from full speed and wasn't moving around a whole lot, but he also didn't seem to be shying away from his left foot too much.

Demry made some nice throws. This is nothing new but he has better pace on his throws than Leidner or Rhoda. He also seemed to do a decent job of being decisive and getting rid of the ball when he was under pressure, which was a lot. Both he and Rhoda missed on some short passes, though.

Shannon Brooks broke off a nice "run", if you can call it that considering there's no tackling. James Johannesson continues to look pretty good and more agile than I thought he'd be when he was in high school. He'll make little jump cuts. He has pretty short strides, so he's able to get back up to speed fairly quickly after cutting. He's also always seemed to have decent vision. I don't remember JFC taking any reps.

Wolitarsky, Carter, and Still were the wide receivers working the most with the first team.

The offensive line struggled, especially run blocking. Garrison Wright got snaps at left tackle, and I didn't notice any major blunders. I wasn't able to key in on Mose Hall on the offensive line. I'll definitely do so next time.

Jaylen Waters made a couple plays today. He's small but has a nose for the ball. Ray Buford got reps with the first team.

Recruits I saw were Gavin Blomberg and Tanner Sundt. Billy Glasscock was spending a lot of time talking to a kid in an Osseo shirt, who I'm assuming was Nash Jensen. I thought I saw Kolade Amusan too, but couldn't tell for sure because he was across the field. Awaiting a text back with confirmation one way or the other.

Also, Claeys appears to have lost some weight. I'm very happy for him if that's true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News