ADVERTISEMENT

3 losses by a total of 5 points -- UGGHHH!!

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
We are 3 possessions from having only 2 losses total with one being in-conference. As frustrating as the Penn State, first Michigan State, and Wisconsin games were to the Gophers, we were just that close..

Yesterday's game, my only frustrations were that Nate Mason had a tough time getting going on offense.. But more than that, how we let Wisconsin get to the rim. I thought we let Happ and Hayes get too deep, too many times. We guarded against Wisconsin trying to do what they have done in the past.. Try to get our team defense to collapse inside and then kick it out to the wing to shoot the 3 ball.. We did not fall for that again, but Jordan Murphy and Reggie Lynch let Hayes and Happ get WAY WAY too deep towards the basket.

Our bigs still give up way too much position. Block shots are fine but getting good position on the opponent is probably more important, during the game, Jordan cant give up that much in the halfcourt to a player like Nigel Hayes. Happ got great position as well. I think Pitino's game plan was good but we needed to knock down some shots and didnt do that. Still, lots to work on in practice as our upcoming opponent, Ohio State, is improving.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News